Sunday, November 22, 2009

promo promo schlomo

We were very happy today to see that Etsy user 'Lazydayz' has featured our fave Mrs. Peabody peacock birdband in her latest 'Twisted Turquoise' Etsy treasury. Love it!


Boutique news:
Sarah and I were working at the MNfashion Holiday boutique yesterday which was a good opportunity to brainstorm about promotion for P&B during the down time. Sundays are pretty slow 'round these here parts.

We also perused all the items and learned more about the other local designers so we can talk them up (rightfully so) to customers. Marlene from Candied Yams jewelry came in and we had a nice talk about: New York city & Jersey, how we should really have thought of a Thanksgiving themed event together as our names make such great holiday side dishes, customers asking you to change the name of your art (poor Marlene...she had an interesting blog post after a woman bought her necklace), etc. It was rather entertaining.

Candied Yams jewelry is on the back right wall...



My husband Steve came in to do "PR" for us at the end of the night. He did bring 2 girls into the shop while Sarah and I were cracking up, I mean, maintaining professionalism. This is him pretending to use the cash register while Sarah pretends to swipe a credit card. Sorry to ruin the illusion guys (and great horizontal stripes...everyone knows how much I am obsessed with them even though all the fashion experts say "no"). Love.


We also started designing our invitation for our Dec 11th Holiday Bazaar. It's sweet and deco and kooky, like us (we hope? Deco? Who knows.) We're working on some cross-promotion with a local restaurant for free drinks and snacks...with an after-party to follow. We're currently bugging Victory 44 to do the deed (cater that is) with us. They have an awesome 'smashed peas on toast' appetizer that just seemed too perfect. I also noticed they have a Friday special on champagne...ring a ding ding...you're speaking my language peeps. Once we have more concrete details we'll post here (of course).

Steve thought it important to document the invitation creating:


Also, Jahna from Vita.mn (fashion section) came in to pull items for an upcoming photo shoot. Mrs. Peabody and Goldie made the cut for the pull...but we'll see what turns up on the site/in the paper. We'd love to see them paired with the fabulous navy blue velvety top and cotton jacquard skirt pulled from George Moskal's collection, the vintage lace cocktail ring by Carrier Pigeon (Lauren Neal), as well as the black sparkle handbag by Allyson Jean.

See George's top and skirt, from his blog:




Allyson Jean also creates custom wedding bags. She designed and created a special tote bag for my wedding earlier this year. It was made from my mother's as well as my wedding dress fabric (the pink lining is my dress, the swiss dot is my mom's), with a vintage bow broach I wore at my vintage themed (I rocked the 60's) bachelorette party:


Here's the group at my bachelorette party...ranging from the 20's to the 80's in dress and accessories (P& B in the back center). I have great friends:





Amanda Ergen of Mink (and my college roommate) co-designed and 100% created/constructed my original wedding gown. She runs Mink from Milwaukee...soon to be relocating to one of my favorite places, Chicago. Here she is in all her 40's splendor at the bachelorette party:









And just for fun, here's my wedding dress because I feel like I need some documentation of how fabulous the pink really was! Sorry about the photo quality on some of these...I copied from my Shutterfly.



Speaking of weddings...Sarah is getting married in fall '10 and Calpurnia Peach will be designing and creating her custom gown (we are into custom anything and everything, obvi). We'd like to sync something up with them for our Holiday Bazaar as well as they are also selling at the MNfashion boutique. We'll be hounding them shortly.


Ok, so that was a lot of randomness...but we think you get it.

Thanks!
P&B

No comments:

Post a Comment